- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Stephen Lumpkins to return to American’s basketball team
WASHINGTON — Stephen Lumpkins plans to return to American University’s basketball team after a missing a season while playing minor league baseball.
The school announced Tuesday that Lumpkins has enrolled as a fulltime student and intends to play this fall, pending approval from the Patriot League.
Lumpkins was a standout forward for three seasons with the Eagles and was a second-team all-league selection in 2011. He was then drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 13th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft and appeared in 15 games over two seasons as a pitcher for the Royals’ affiliate in the Rookie Arizona League.
Lumpkins says beings away for a year made him realize how much he missed basketball.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.