- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Stephen Lumpkins to return to American’s basketball team
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON — Stephen Lumpkins plans to return to American University’s basketball team after a missing a season while playing minor league baseball.
The school announced Tuesday that Lumpkins has enrolled as a fulltime student and intends to play this fall, pending approval from the Patriot League.
Lumpkins was a standout forward for three seasons with the Eagles and was a second-team all-league selection in 2011. He was then drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 13th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft and appeared in 15 games over two seasons as a pitcher for the Royals’ affiliate in the Rookie Arizona League.
Lumpkins says beings away for a year made him realize how much he missed basketball.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq