- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Stephen Lumpkins to return to American’s basketball team
WASHINGTON — Stephen Lumpkins plans to return to American University’s basketball team after a missing a season while playing minor league baseball.
The school announced Tuesday that Lumpkins has enrolled as a fulltime student and intends to play this fall, pending approval from the Patriot League.
Lumpkins was a standout forward for three seasons with the Eagles and was a second-team all-league selection in 2011. He was then drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 13th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft and appeared in 15 games over two seasons as a pitcher for the Royals’ affiliate in the Rookie Arizona League.
Lumpkins says beings away for a year made him realize how much he missed basketball.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Supreme Court seems skeptical of Ohio law to police campaign 'lies'
- Kerry accuses Moscow of fomenting Ukraine unrest
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.