- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
NUGENT: All aboard for the Romney-Ryan Express
Republican veep pick just the ticket
For those conservatives who whine that Mr. Romney is not conservative enough, his selection of Mr. Ryan was a conservative grand slam. If his selection of Mr. Ryan is any indication of things to come, happy days are here again for conservative politics.
The first and foremost message is that Mr. Romney recognizes that America has to get its financial house in order. No one understands how to defuse the gigantic debt bomb America is livingwith better than Mr. Ryan.
Our embarrassing $16 trillion debt and annual trillion-dollar kamikaze deficit spending by the Obama administration together are possibly the greatest threat America has ever faced. If we fail to tackle this insane self-inflicted problem, America as we knew it goes the way of the dodo bird.
Mr. Ryan understands America is at a financial tipping point with one foot over the edge. He hasn’t sat back and ignored the problem; he actually has done something about it. As the House Budget Committee chairman, he issued his brilliant “The Path to Prosperity” budget “blueprint.”
Much rough-and-tumble political hoopla will be made about Mr. Ryan’s plan over the next 90 days. Democrats recoil in horror at the proposition of accountability. Clearly, it is liberals’ kryptonite.
The Democrats’ lying political attack machine will put out nasty, false ads claiming Mr. Ryan’s plan will toss the elderly out in the street. Straight out of the anti-American Saul Alinsky playbook, the Democrats will scramble maniacally to do whatever they can to scare the elderly into believing Mr. Ryan is the Social Security and Medicare Antichrist.
Don’t believe any of it. The foundation of the Democratic Party is based on lies.
The truth is that left-wing politics have been an economic calamity and the cause of destroyed lives, businesses and entire communities. The Democrats think the federal government knows what is best for Americans. They couldn’t be more wrong, and the evidence is irrefutable.
The Ryan plan is exactly what America needs to begin the long and difficult journey to getour financial house in order. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan know Greece-like economic doom is not an option. At least not for people who care.
In stark contrast to the Ryan plan, President Obama’s plan is even more suicidal borrowing, more life-destroying spending, more unsustainable debt, proving unequivocally that our president and his team of Fedzillacrats and Ivy League academics are in way over their heads. Surprise, surprise.
Entrenched in the D.C. swamp, GOP members have jumped the conservative political ship by ignoring or compromising their conservative principles over the past couple of decades. This was a tremendously bad move.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment