- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NUGENT: All aboard for the Romney-Ryan Express
Republican veep pick just the ticket
For those conservatives who whine that Mr. Romney is not conservative enough, his selection of Mr. Ryan was a conservative grand slam. If his selection of Mr. Ryan is any indication of things to come, happy days are here again for conservative politics.
The first and foremost message is that Mr. Romney recognizes that America has to get its financial house in order. No one understands how to defuse the gigantic debt bomb America is livingwith better than Mr. Ryan.
Our embarrassing $16 trillion debt and annual trillion-dollar kamikaze deficit spending by the Obama administration together are possibly the greatest threat America has ever faced. If we fail to tackle this insane self-inflicted problem, America as we knew it goes the way of the dodo bird.
Mr. Ryan understands America is at a financial tipping point with one foot over the edge. He hasn’t sat back and ignored the problem; he actually has done something about it. As the House Budget Committee chairman, he issued his brilliant “The Path to Prosperity” budget “blueprint.”
Much rough-and-tumble political hoopla will be made about Mr. Ryan’s plan over the next 90 days. Democrats recoil in horror at the proposition of accountability. Clearly, it is liberals’ kryptonite.
The Democrats’ lying political attack machine will put out nasty, false ads claiming Mr. Ryan’s plan will toss the elderly out in the street. Straight out of the anti-American Saul Alinsky playbook, the Democrats will scramble maniacally to do whatever they can to scare the elderly into believing Mr. Ryan is the Social Security and Medicare Antichrist.
Don’t believe any of it. The foundation of the Democratic Party is based on lies.
The truth is that left-wing politics have been an economic calamity and the cause of destroyed lives, businesses and entire communities. The Democrats think the federal government knows what is best for Americans. They couldn’t be more wrong, and the evidence is irrefutable.
The Ryan plan is exactly what America needs to begin the long and difficult journey to getour financial house in order. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan know Greece-like economic doom is not an option. At least not for people who care.
In stark contrast to the Ryan plan, President Obama’s plan is even more suicidal borrowing, more life-destroying spending, more unsustainable debt, proving unequivocally that our president and his team of Fedzillacrats and Ivy League academics are in way over their heads. Surprise, surprise.
Entrenched in the D.C. swamp, GOP members have jumped the conservative political ship by ignoring or compromising their conservative principles over the past couple of decades. This was a tremendously bad move.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults