- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
New in D.C.: 292 town homes, condos near arboretum
Ryan Homes is building 320 town homes and condominiums at the Villages at Dakota Crossing in Washington, D.C., located on Fort Lincoln Drive Northeast.
Amenities of the community, which is a venture between Ryan Homes and Fort Lincoln New Town Corp., include a recreation center, an outdoor swimming pool and ball fields. The Shops at Dakota Crossing, which includes a Costco in addition to other shops and restaurants, is adjacent to the community. A Metrobus stop is just outside the community.
Ryan Homes is offering $10,000 in closing-cost assistance to buyers who use NVR mortgage services.
Each home will include a brick front, low-maintenance vinyl siding, professional landscaping, a composite deck and a one- or two-car garage.
Inside, all four models feature two or three bedrooms, 21/2 baths, and hardwood flooring in the foyer and powder room. Buyers can choose between ceramic tile or hardwood flooring in the kitchen, which has granite counters and recessed lighting. The full baths have upgraded ceramic tile work. The homes are Energy Star-certified with an estimated savings of 30 percent in energy costs for a similarly sized home.
The homes have 1,200 to 2,218 finished square feet, with base prices from $289,990 to $424,990. Condominium fees are $196 per month and homeowner association fees are $107 per month.
The Rubens model, a one-level condominium with 1,200 square feet, is priced from $289,990. This home has a one-car garage on the lower level with stairs to the upper-level unit.
This home has a front living room with three windows and a dining area open to the kitchen, which has a breakfast bar. Nearby is a laundry/utility room.
The master suite has a walk-in closet and a private bath with a shower or optional tub. Nearby are a second bedroom and a second full bath.
Options include a fireplace with an entertainment alcove, a cathedral ceiling and tray ceilings.
For more information or directions, call 202/578-0653 or visit www.villagesatdakotacrossing.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014