- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
New in D.C.: 292 town homes, condos near arboretum
Question of the Day
Ryan Homes is building 320 town homes and condominiums at the Villages at Dakota Crossing in Washington, D.C., located on Fort Lincoln Drive Northeast.
Amenities of the community, which is a venture between Ryan Homes and Fort Lincoln New Town Corp., include a recreation center, an outdoor swimming pool and ball fields. The Shops at Dakota Crossing, which includes a Costco in addition to other shops and restaurants, is adjacent to the community. A Metrobus stop is just outside the community.
Ryan Homes is offering $10,000 in closing-cost assistance to buyers who use NVR mortgage services.
Each home will include a brick front, low-maintenance vinyl siding, professional landscaping, a composite deck and a one- or two-car garage.
Inside, all four models feature two or three bedrooms, 21/2 baths, and hardwood flooring in the foyer and powder room. Buyers can choose between ceramic tile or hardwood flooring in the kitchen, which has granite counters and recessed lighting. The full baths have upgraded ceramic tile work. The homes are Energy Star-certified with an estimated savings of 30 percent in energy costs for a similarly sized home.
The homes have 1,200 to 2,218 finished square feet, with base prices from $289,990 to $424,990. Condominium fees are $196 per month and homeowner association fees are $107 per month.
The Rubens model, a one-level condominium with 1,200 square feet, is priced from $289,990. This home has a one-car garage on the lower level with stairs to the upper-level unit.
This home has a front living room with three windows and a dining area open to the kitchen, which has a breakfast bar. Nearby is a laundry/utility room.
The master suite has a walk-in closet and a private bath with a shower or optional tub. Nearby are a second bedroom and a second full bath.
Options include a fireplace with an entertainment alcove, a cathedral ceiling and tray ceilings.
For more information or directions, call 202/578-0653 or visit www.villagesatdakotacrossing.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Lucja Swiatkowski Cannon
Moscow won't help investigators of aviation disasters over its territory
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq