- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
New in D.C.: 292 town homes, condos near arboretum
Question of the Day
Ryan Homes is building 320 town homes and condominiums at the Villages at Dakota Crossing in Washington, D.C., located on Fort Lincoln Drive Northeast.
Amenities of the community, which is a venture between Ryan Homes and Fort Lincoln New Town Corp., include a recreation center, an outdoor swimming pool and ball fields. The Shops at Dakota Crossing, which includes a Costco in addition to other shops and restaurants, is adjacent to the community. A Metrobus stop is just outside the community.
Ryan Homes is offering $10,000 in closing-cost assistance to buyers who use NVR mortgage services.
Each home will include a brick front, low-maintenance vinyl siding, professional landscaping, a composite deck and a one- or two-car garage.
Inside, all four models feature two or three bedrooms, 21/2 baths, and hardwood flooring in the foyer and powder room. Buyers can choose between ceramic tile or hardwood flooring in the kitchen, which has granite counters and recessed lighting. The full baths have upgraded ceramic tile work. The homes are Energy Star-certified with an estimated savings of 30 percent in energy costs for a similarly sized home.
The homes have 1,200 to 2,218 finished square feet, with base prices from $289,990 to $424,990. Condominium fees are $196 per month and homeowner association fees are $107 per month.
The Rubens model, a one-level condominium with 1,200 square feet, is priced from $289,990. This home has a one-car garage on the lower level with stairs to the upper-level unit.
This home has a front living room with three windows and a dining area open to the kitchen, which has a breakfast bar. Nearby is a laundry/utility room.
The master suite has a walk-in closet and a private bath with a shower or optional tub. Nearby are a second bedroom and a second full bath.
Options include a fireplace with an entertainment alcove, a cathedral ceiling and tray ceilings.
For more information or directions, call 202/578-0653 or visit www.villagesatdakotacrossing.com.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world