- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Redskins owner Daniel Snyder: ‘We feel good about the future’
Question of the Day
Redskins owner Daniel Snyder finally has his franchise quarterback in Robert Griffin III, and he’s feeling quite good about it.
“It’s obviously exciting for everybody, and it’s a big deal,” Snyder said at Redskins Fan Appreciation Day at team headquarters Saturday afternoon. “We’re thrilled with him as a person and what he stands for as a Redskin. It’s exciting for all Redskins Nation.”
Snyder spoke to the Redskins media corps for the first time in more than a year. The session lasted about 90 seconds.
He continues to look forward, and even expressed some patience, after four consecutive last-place finishes in the NFC East division.
“Everything takes time, as you guys know,” Snyder said. “We’re excited to have [Griffin], and with Coach [Mike] Shanahan, everything we’ve built right now, we feel good about the future.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq