- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Luxury home: Craftsman style new-built large in McLean
McLean, an established area with expansive estates and luxury homes, rarely offers the chance to buy a newly constructed home. Madison Homes is completing a custom-designed home in McLean’s Franklin Park neighborhood, an area off Old Dominion Drive featuring an eclectic mix of residences.
Located at 1953 Rockingham St., this new home includes more than 6,500 finished square feet on a half-acre site. It is on the market for $2,295,000.
The distinctive residence has a Craftsman-style exterior with multiple steeply pitched roofs, a front porch with columns, and side columns framing the entrances to an oversized three-car garage with Craftsman-style insulated garage doors and storage. The home is constructed with a mix of durable HardiePlank fiber-cement siding, stone accents and a stone water table on all four sides.
A flagstone walkway leads to a full slate front porch where residents can relax in solitude or with friends and family. The solid stained-wood Craftsman-style front door has sidelights and a transom window.
Inside, the home has five bedrooms, five full baths and a powder room. Quality finishes can be found throughout the home, including custom-designed dual-pane windows and custom-stained, sanded-in-place hardwood flooring on the main level, the upper hall, all interior staircases and the master bedroom and sitting room.
The main level features 10-foot ceilings, while the upper and lower levels have 9-foot ceilings. Columns on either side of the foyer frame the entrances into the formal living room and the formal dining room. Both the living room and dining room have triple front windows, and the dining room also has two side windows. The living room has detailed crown molding, while the dining room has a butler’s pantry linking it to the kitchen.
The kitchen includes a granite-topped center island and peninsula, granite counters, 42-inch wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances, including two dishwashers, a microwave, a refrigerator, a six-burner range with a double oven, and a wall oven. The adjacent breakfast room has two walls of windows and includes a glass door to a deck.
The breakfast room opens into the family room, which has a wall of windows and a two-sided gas fireplace shared with the screened porch, which is accessible through a glass door.
The main level also has a powder room with beadboard detailing, a mudroom and a central staircase to the upper and lower levels. All the interior staircases are open hardwood stairs that allow natural light to filter between the levels.
A few steps up from the main level is a dramatic 13-by-14-foot library that rests on its own level and has a 12-foot coffered ceiling.
The upper-level master suite includes a spacious bedroom with two walls of windows and a tray ceiling. Adjacent to the bedroom are a sitting room with a box bay window and two walk-in closets with custom shelving. The luxurious master bath has custom tile work, a free-standing soaking tub, a separate shower and a double-sink vanity with a granite counter.
The upper level also includes a spacious family sitting area, a laundry room and three additional bedrooms, each with a private full bath and a walk-in closet.
The finished lower level includes a recreation room with sliding glass doors to the backyard. This level also has a game room, a media room, a walk-in closet, a storage room, a full bath and a bedroom with a walk-in closet. This home has a security system, dual-zone heating and air conditioning, and prewiring for a sound system.
For more information or directions to this McLean home, contact Realtor Anne DiBenedetto of McEnearney Associates at 703/615-1897 or visit www.AnneSold.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014