- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Willful negligence, fraud in Benghazi
Question of the Day
Military inaction, political corruption, professional malpractice and fraud at the highest levels of the Obama administration involving Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton (and perhaps the president himself) were revealed at the recent Benghazi hearings (“In Benghazi hearings, GOP criticizes misplaced State priorities,” Web, Dec. 20).
A review board concluded that “systemic failures” at the State Department prevented an adequate response to security threats in Libya. Adm. Mike Mullen, while speaking for the board, stated that a military response to every one of the many crisis spots in the world was not feasible and cannot be expected on short notice. At about the same time, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta was quoted in press releases contending there is a lack of military rescue by a ready-to-go U.S. Marine reaction force in Rota, Spain, and a U.S. special operations forces team in Sicily. He seemed to be covering for Mr. Obama by saying that the basic principle is to refrain from deploying forces in harm’s way without understanding the situation on the ground. According to lawmakers at the hearings, the lack of U.S. response resulted in the sacrifice of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
The hearings and accountability review report also revealed political theater for the 2016 presidential elections. Sen. John F. Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, and the other Democrats put a spin on testimony to shield Mrs. Clinton from responsibility for mistakes made by the Obama administration. Further, the false narrative propagated by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the attack being a response to a video was again revealed as fraud during the hearings. No one on the day of the murderous attacks had even heard of the video, and its producer now sits in an American jail.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines (retired)
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies