- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
Kevin Spacey: Actor unveils star-studded 2013 Old Vic line-up
Question of the Day
LONDON — Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones are reuniting onstage to play sparring lovers Beatrice and Benedick in Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing,” London’s Old Vic Theatre announced Monday.
The actors, who starred together in “Driving Miss Daisy” in the West End and on Broadway, will be directed by Mark Rylance in a production of the comedy slated to open in September.
It will offer a distinctive take on the couple, usually presented as young-ish lovers — Redgrave is 75 and Jones 81.
The show is part of a 2013 season that includes a production of Tennessee Williams’ “Sweet Bird of Youth” starring “Sex and the City” actress Kim Cattrall as a fading Hollywood star, a revival of Terence Rattigan’s drama “The Winslow Boy” directed by Lindsay Posner and a British tour of the Old Vic’s acclaimed production of Michael Frayn’s farce “Noises Off.”
Artistic director Kevin Spacey said the lineup reflected the fact that “the Old Vic has always been first and foremost an actors’ theater, a home for great talent and memorable performances.”
Spacey, an Academy Award winning actor for “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty,” has led the Old Vic since 2003, and has been praised for restoring the fortunes of the 200-year-old venue. He has starred in several of its productions, including an acclaimed “Richard III” last year directed by Sam Mendes, who won rave reviews this year for his handling of the latest James Bond movie, “Skyfall”.
• Online: www.oldvictheatre.com
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq