- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 9-15)
“The presidential race heated up, but moved the polling needle little this week.
“Republican Mitt Romney took the opportunity of several broadcast interviews to demand an apology from President Obama for ‘lying’ about his record at Bain Capital. His outrage provided a high-profile chance to make what will be his broadest theme in the campaign.
“When Mr. Romney said that Mr. Obama’s charges were ‘beneath him as a president.’ That is the very point that Mr. Romney wants to stick: that Mr. Obama is not up to the job, doesn’t have the resume, is in over his head, and is actually cheapening the office.
“For Mr. Obama’s part, he acknowledged this week that his biggest problem is that he passed legislation but that he never “told the story” of why the American people are better off. Still no evidence he is telling that story.
“The Washington Times/JZ Analytics Poll earlier this week gave Mr. Romney a 1 point lead. My Friday poll puts Mr. Obama up by a few points. Very close.”
Last week’s grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.