- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 9-15)
“The presidential race heated up, but moved the polling needle little this week.
“Republican Mitt Romney took the opportunity of several broadcast interviews to demand an apology from President Obama for ‘lying’ about his record at Bain Capital. His outrage provided a high-profile chance to make what will be his broadest theme in the campaign.
“When Mr. Romney said that Mr. Obama’s charges were ‘beneath him as a president.’ That is the very point that Mr. Romney wants to stick: that Mr. Obama is not up to the job, doesn’t have the resume, is in over his head, and is actually cheapening the office.
“For Mr. Obama’s part, he acknowledged this week that his biggest problem is that he passed legislation but that he never “told the story” of why the American people are better off. Still no evidence he is telling that story.
“The Washington Times/JZ Analytics Poll earlier this week gave Mr. Romney a 1 point lead. My Friday poll puts Mr. Obama up by a few points. Very close.”
Last week’s grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!