- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Lindsay Lohan: Actress takes new film role
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES — Amid ongoing legal issues, a recent car crash and run-in with paramedics, Lindsay Lohan has secured her next movie role.
Producer Braxton Pope says Lohan will star in “The Canyons,” a film by “Less Than Zero” author Bret Easton Ellis about sex and ambition among 20-somethings in Los Angeles. Paul Schrader, who wrote “Taxi Driver” and directed “American Gigolo,” is set to direct the film.
Lohan’s publicist, Steve Honig, confirmed Wednesday that the 26-year-old actress had been cast in “The Canyons” and added that she has been on set since last week.
“A big part of the reason she did this was because of Paul Schrader and the opportunity to work with such an iconic filmmaker,” Honig said.
Lohan recently completed work on the Lifetime movie “Liz & Dick,” in which she played Elizabeth Taylor. During that production, she crashed her Porsche into a dump truck and a week later was treated by paramedics for exhaustion and dehydration.
Last week, Lohan’s attorneys confirmed that she has resolved a case filed by three men she took on a high-speed ride that resulted in her second driving under the influence arrest in 2007.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace last year from a jewelry store without permission. She is not required to check in with a judge or probation officer, but could face a jail term if she is re-arrested.
In “The Canyons,” Lohan plays opposite James Deen, who is best known as an adult film star with thousands of movies to his credit. Gus Van Sant also has been cast in the film, Pope said.
Schrader describes the characters as “beautiful people doing bad things in nice rooms.”
“Lindsay Lohan and James Deen not only have the acting talent,” he said, “they also have that screen quality that keeps you watching their every move.”
Filming is set to continue next week.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world