- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Lindsay Lohan: Actress takes new film role
LOS ANGELES — Amid ongoing legal issues, a recent car crash and run-in with paramedics, Lindsay Lohan has secured her next movie role.
Producer Braxton Pope says Lohan will star in “The Canyons,” a film by “Less Than Zero” author Bret Easton Ellis about sex and ambition among 20-somethings in Los Angeles. Paul Schrader, who wrote “Taxi Driver” and directed “American Gigolo,” is set to direct the film.
Lohan’s publicist, Steve Honig, confirmed Wednesday that the 26-year-old actress had been cast in “The Canyons” and added that she has been on set since last week.
“A big part of the reason she did this was because of Paul Schrader and the opportunity to work with such an iconic filmmaker,” Honig said.
Lohan recently completed work on the Lifetime movie “Liz & Dick,” in which she played Elizabeth Taylor. During that production, she crashed her Porsche into a dump truck and a week later was treated by paramedics for exhaustion and dehydration.
Last week, Lohan’s attorneys confirmed that she has resolved a case filed by three men she took on a high-speed ride that resulted in her second driving under the influence arrest in 2007.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace last year from a jewelry store without permission. She is not required to check in with a judge or probation officer, but could face a jail term if she is re-arrested.
In “The Canyons,” Lohan plays opposite James Deen, who is best known as an adult film star with thousands of movies to his credit. Gus Van Sant also has been cast in the film, Pope said.
Schrader describes the characters as “beautiful people doing bad things in nice rooms.”
“Lindsay Lohan and James Deen not only have the acting talent,” he said, “they also have that screen quality that keeps you watching their every move.”
Filming is set to continue next week.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.