- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 16-22)
“It is very difficult to talk about politics after the tragedy in Aurora, Colo. I join everyone in mourning the loss of lives, futures, families and hope. We are a great people, and somehow we will survive, but this is so senseless.
“The presidential race is frozen at the moment as President Obama is underperforming his 2008 numbers. He won 53 percent of the vote then and is polling an average of about 46 percent now. He is an incumbent in difficult times. But no reason for Republican Mitt Romney to cheer. His average is about where Sen. John McCain was on Election Day 2008 — about 44 percent — and not budging.
“The president can take some solace in the fact that the former Massachusetts governor is refusing calls by some leaders in his own party to release his taxes. Everyone knows he is rich. There has not been even a hint of scandal, so why the ‘principled’ stance that only makes voters who do not know him wonder what he is hiding? This could be when he picks up polling points, and he is not.
“But warning to President Obama: August has been a cruel month for Democrats (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton and Kerry) and yourself. You may want to rethink your vacation plans.”
Last week’s grade: C
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.