- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 16-22)
Question of the Day
“It is very difficult to talk about politics after the tragedy in Aurora, Colo. I join everyone in mourning the loss of lives, futures, families and hope. We are a great people, and somehow we will survive, but this is so senseless.
“The presidential race is frozen at the moment as President Obama is underperforming his 2008 numbers. He won 53 percent of the vote then and is polling an average of about 46 percent now. He is an incumbent in difficult times. But no reason for Republican Mitt Romney to cheer. His average is about where Sen. John McCain was on Election Day 2008 — about 44 percent — and not budging.
“The president can take some solace in the fact that the former Massachusetts governor is refusing calls by some leaders in his own party to release his taxes. Everyone knows he is rich. There has not been even a hint of scandal, so why the ‘principled’ stance that only makes voters who do not know him wonder what he is hiding? This could be when he picks up polling points, and he is not.
“But warning to President Obama: August has been a cruel month for Democrats (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton and Kerry) and yourself. You may want to rethink your vacation plans.”
Last week’s grade: C
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors