- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 2-8)
“A mixed week for the president. Unemployment stayed at 8.2 percent on the news that job growth was sluggish again. That figure is borderline for his re-election chances. He will need to show a little better.
“On the other hand, if Mr. Obama and Republican Mitt Romney were playing Monopoly, then the president landed on Community Chest and read “Bank error in your favor, collect 200 dollars.” All he had to do this week was sit back and watch the painful gyrations of his opponent’s “it’s a tax, it’s not a tax, it’s a penalty like a tax, but not a tax, but it’s a tax.” Whew.
“Mr. Romney is leading by a point in some tracking polls, but Mr. Obama is leading in Ohio, Virginia and Florida.”
Last week’s grade: A+
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
An appeals court upholds the Senate's right to make its filibuster rules
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.