- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 2-8)
“A mixed week for the president. Unemployment stayed at 8.2 percent on the news that job growth was sluggish again. That figure is borderline for his re-election chances. He will need to show a little better.
“On the other hand, if Mr. Obama and Republican Mitt Romney were playing Monopoly, then the president landed on Community Chest and read “Bank error in your favor, collect 200 dollars.” All he had to do this week was sit back and watch the painful gyrations of his opponent’s “it’s a tax, it’s not a tax, it’s a penalty like a tax, but not a tax, but it’s a tax.” Whew.
“Mr. Romney is leading by a point in some tracking polls, but Mr. Obama is leading in Ohio, Virginia and Florida.”
Last week’s grade: A+
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again