- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (July 2-8)
Question of the Day
“A mixed week for the president. Unemployment stayed at 8.2 percent on the news that job growth was sluggish again. That figure is borderline for his re-election chances. He will need to show a little better.
“On the other hand, if Mr. Obama and Republican Mitt Romney were playing Monopoly, then the president landed on Community Chest and read “Bank error in your favor, collect 200 dollars.” All he had to do this week was sit back and watch the painful gyrations of his opponent’s “it’s a tax, it’s not a tax, it’s a penalty like a tax, but not a tax, but it’s a tax.” Whew.
“Mr. Romney is leading by a point in some tracking polls, but Mr. Obama is leading in Ohio, Virginia and Florida.”
Last week’s grade: A+
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world