- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
NUGENT: Ready to roll over the O Team
Obama and his media enablers need to answer for economic catastrophe
Question of the Day
I recently had a nice conversation with my friend, ultra-left-wing comedian Bill Maher. He wants me back on his television program to explain why I am so angry with the Obama administration’s policies.
I will accommodate Bill’s request ASAP because I have always had a hoot on his program, not to mention that I have crushed old Billy and all his liberal guests’ fantasyland ideologies flatter than a road-killed Texas armadillo all 16 times I appeared on his old show “Politically Incorrect.” My 2012 Great White Buffalo summer-slam rock ‘n’ roll jihad, however, prevents me from appearing on Bill’s very successful HBO program at this time.
Be that as it may, for Bill and other lefties, the following is the foundation for my disgust with Mr. Obama’s policies.
His over-the-top left-wing agenda has led to the rebirth and dramatic upkick of the dreaded and totally unnecessary, self-inflicted Misery Index. The underemployment rate is near 20 percent. Arguably, the president’s economy is the worst since the Great Depression. I know many of us are greatly depressed by it.
Gas prices have also doubled since the president took office. Green energy has been a tax-torching bust. In 2008, Mr. Obama stated his green energy policy would create 5 million jobs. Instead, his green energy lie has cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of wasted dollars and created virtually zero jobs.
Mr. Obama’s maniacal orgy of borrowing and spending is unprecedented and is bankrupting the country. By the way, where did the $831 billion failed stimulus go and who got it? The president stated it would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent and create millions of jobs. Not even close.
While not all the responsibility for this economic train wreck rests solely on this president’s shoulders, the national debt surpassed 100 percent of our gross national product on his watch and stands at 16 trillion smackers. Seven trillion of this debt is due to Mr. Obama’s berserk, unaccountable spending spree. Given four more years to drive our economy off the cliff, the national debt will probably surpass $20 trillion by most estimates. Welfare advocates Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven taught you well, Mr. President.
The president promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. Deficit spending during the president’s tenure has gone way up, not down. Promises, promises, promises.
Obamacare is an unprecedented and illegal government takeover of a significant part of the U.S. economy that will not improve health care or lower the costs. In fact, the opposite is already proving to be true.
The president is a radically racial polarizing person. As I recall, he was supposed to be the great uniter when instead he has been the worst racial divider ever in the White House.
The president has repeatedly apologized for America on the international stage instead of promoting our wonderful culture, values, generosity, and unique freedoms and amazing quality of life. No president should ever apologize for the greatest nation in the history of the world.
Mr. Obama has appointed a number of extreme liberal kooks as czars. Additionally, I can’t find anyone on his Cabinet who has any private-sector experience, including his secretary of labor. They are all either professional bureaucrats or lawyers or both.
I don’t believe in government redistribution of citizen’s earnings. Like Mao, the president does, as he told Joe the Plumber. I believe in wealth creation through individual hard work and sacrifice, and that government should simply stay out of the way of job-creating, entrepreneurial free-market addicts. The president believes just the opposite. His class warfare tactics are anti-free market, anti-success and anti-American.
In summation, the president believes more government control and expansion is the way forward. He promotes socialism. I’m a rugged, independent American who is addicted to more freedom and believes less government is always the best government.
My buddy Bill Maher donated a million bucks to help re-elect his commie buddy Mr. Obama. I’m going to do all I can to clean out the federal government of the anti-America gang that is destroying this great country.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab