- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
NUGENT: Ready to roll over the O Team
Obama and his media enablers need to answer for economic catastrophe
I recently had a nice conversation with my friend, ultra-left-wing comedian Bill Maher. He wants me back on his television program to explain why I am so angry with the Obama administration’s policies.
I will accommodate Bill’s request ASAP because I have always had a hoot on his program, not to mention that I have crushed old Billy and all his liberal guests’ fantasyland ideologies flatter than a road-killed Texas armadillo all 16 times I appeared on his old show “Politically Incorrect.” My 2012 Great White Buffalo summer-slam rock ‘n’ roll jihad, however, prevents me from appearing on Bill’s very successful HBO program at this time.
Be that as it may, for Bill and other lefties, the following is the foundation for my disgust with Mr. Obama’s policies.
His over-the-top left-wing agenda has led to the rebirth and dramatic upkick of the dreaded and totally unnecessary, self-inflicted Misery Index. The underemployment rate is near 20 percent. Arguably, the president’s economy is the worst since the Great Depression. I know many of us are greatly depressed by it.
Gas prices have also doubled since the president took office. Green energy has been a tax-torching bust. In 2008, Mr. Obama stated his green energy policy would create 5 million jobs. Instead, his green energy lie has cost taxpayers hundreds of millions of wasted dollars and created virtually zero jobs.
Mr. Obama’s maniacal orgy of borrowing and spending is unprecedented and is bankrupting the country. By the way, where did the $831 billion failed stimulus go and who got it? The president stated it would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent and create millions of jobs. Not even close.
While not all the responsibility for this economic train wreck rests solely on this president’s shoulders, the national debt surpassed 100 percent of our gross national product on his watch and stands at 16 trillion smackers. Seven trillion of this debt is due to Mr. Obama’s berserk, unaccountable spending spree. Given four more years to drive our economy off the cliff, the national debt will probably surpass $20 trillion by most estimates. Welfare advocates Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven taught you well, Mr. President.
The president promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. Deficit spending during the president’s tenure has gone way up, not down. Promises, promises, promises.
Obamacare is an unprecedented and illegal government takeover of a significant part of the U.S. economy that will not improve health care or lower the costs. In fact, the opposite is already proving to be true.
The president is a radically racial polarizing person. As I recall, he was supposed to be the great uniter when instead he has been the worst racial divider ever in the White House.
The president has repeatedly apologized for America on the international stage instead of promoting our wonderful culture, values, generosity, and unique freedoms and amazing quality of life. No president should ever apologize for the greatest nation in the history of the world.
Mr. Obama has appointed a number of extreme liberal kooks as czars. Additionally, I can’t find anyone on his Cabinet who has any private-sector experience, including his secretary of labor. They are all either professional bureaucrats or lawyers or both.
I don’t believe in government redistribution of citizen’s earnings. Like Mao, the president does, as he told Joe the Plumber. I believe in wealth creation through individual hard work and sacrifice, and that government should simply stay out of the way of job-creating, entrepreneurial free-market addicts. The president believes just the opposite. His class warfare tactics are anti-free market, anti-success and anti-American.
In summation, the president believes more government control and expansion is the way forward. He promotes socialism. I’m a rugged, independent American who is addicted to more freedom and believes less government is always the best government.
My buddy Bill Maher donated a million bucks to help re-elect his commie buddy Mr. Obama. I’m going to do all I can to clean out the federal government of the anti-America gang that is destroying this great country.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Supreme Court seems skeptical of Ohio law to police campaign 'lies'
- Kerry accuses Moscow of fomenting Ukraine unrest