- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
A desert for gentlemen who prefer blondies
According to Hollywood, gentlemen prefer blondes. But what about blondies?
This Father's Day, why not find out? We’ve dreamed up a white-chocolate-studded blondie treat with a duo of tastes that is easy to love — rich coffee and crunchy cashews. We brought it all together in a sweet, rich bar that, thanks to a generous helping of brown sugar, stays moist and chewy with just a hint of crunch on the outside.
Want to take it even further? Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt just before popping it into the oven. If Dad doesn’t like cashews, then peanuts, almonds or walnuts would be good, too. Or maybe you want to add a bit of each.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COFFEE CASHEW BLONDIES
Start to finish: 1 hour (20 minutes active)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate bits
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.