- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
A desert for gentlemen who prefer blondies
According to Hollywood, gentlemen prefer blondes. But what about blondies?
This Father's Day, why not find out? We’ve dreamed up a white-chocolate-studded blondie treat with a duo of tastes that is easy to love — rich coffee and crunchy cashews. We brought it all together in a sweet, rich bar that, thanks to a generous helping of brown sugar, stays moist and chewy with just a hint of crunch on the outside.
Want to take it even further? Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt just before popping it into the oven. If Dad doesn’t like cashews, then peanuts, almonds or walnuts would be good, too. Or maybe you want to add a bit of each.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COFFEE CASHEW BLONDIES
Start to finish: 1 hour (20 minutes active)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate bits
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Search for missing Malaysian airliner widens as mystery deepens
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target with 19 days left to sign up
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again