- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
A desert for gentlemen who prefer blondies
Question of the Day
According to Hollywood, gentlemen prefer blondes. But what about blondies?
This Father's Day, why not find out? We’ve dreamed up a white-chocolate-studded blondie treat with a duo of tastes that is easy to love — rich coffee and crunchy cashews. We brought it all together in a sweet, rich bar that, thanks to a generous helping of brown sugar, stays moist and chewy with just a hint of crunch on the outside.
Want to take it even further? Sprinkle the top with flaked sea salt just before popping it into the oven. If Dad doesn’t like cashews, then peanuts, almonds or walnuts would be good, too. Or maybe you want to add a bit of each.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COFFEE CASHEW BLONDIES
Start to finish: 1 hour (20 minutes active)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white chocolate bits
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq