- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Gray excused from jury duty
District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray was excused from jury duty Monday after pre-trial questioning at D.C. Superior Court.
Mr. Gray worked from the courthouse in the morning and returned to the Wilson Building after his release from the pool, executive office spokeswoman Doxie McCoy said. At the courthouse, the mayor’s security detail performed their typical duties.
He was also summoned for jury duty while chairman of the council, but did not serve then either, she said.
Between 900 and 1,000 city residents appear for jury duty every week, although not all are selected for a case, Leah Gurowitz, D.C. Court spokeswoman said. They receive summons six to eight weeks in advance.
In January, former D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty was also called for and released from jury duty.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again