- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
New in Virginia: Mercer Park Metropolitan Flats and Towns
Question of the Day
Van Metre Homes is building 159 condominiums at Mercer Park Metropolitan Flats and Towns at Stone Ridge, a planned community in Aldie. Community amenities include swimming pools, a clubhouse, a fitness center, tennis courts, basketball courts, walking and biking trails, an outdoor amphitheater and the Stone Ridge Village Center.
Stone Ridge is convenient to Route 28, the Dulles Toll Road, Washington Dulles International Airport and a Loudoun County commuter bus stop.
Each home in this Loudoun County community will include an exterior of stone and vinyl siding, a deck or balcony, a one-car garage, and two parking spaces.
Inside, all seven models feature one to three levels with one to three bedrooms and one to three full baths. Some homes also have a half bath. Standard features include ceramic tile flooring in the foyer, 9-foot ceilings and vaulted ceilings, 42-inch maple cabinets and granite counters in the kitchen, maple cabinets and granite counters in the baths, a high-tech wiring system, designer light fixtures, a digital thermostat and gas heat.
The homes have 1,000 to 2,534 finished square feet, with base prices from $199,990 to $309,990. Combined homeowner association and condominium fees are $296 per month.
The Page model, with 1,800 square feet, is priced from $272,990. This three-level home has a one-car garage, two bedrooms and three baths.
The Page features a private entrance with a porch on the main level, which has a living room with a closet; a central staircase to the upper and lower levels; and an open family room, breakfast area and center-island kitchen with a pantry and access to a deck.
Upstairs, the master suite has a walk-in closet and a private full bath with a double-sink vanity. One more bedroom, a second full bath and a laundry room complete this level.
The finished lower level has a recreation room, a full bath, closets and access to the garage.
For more information or directions, call community sales manager Elaine Dai at 703/764-5491 or visit www.vanmetrehomes.com.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq