- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
‘Just play to win,’ Davis Love III tells Ryder Cup prospects
Question of the Day
The field of 120 that teed off at Congressional on Thursday had enough pressure as it was. They had to play well and get into a position to not only make the cut, but also contend.
“I’m lucky this year, I’ve gotten to play with a ton of the guys who are either on the team or going to be on the team,” said Love. “The only ones I haven’t played with yet are [Jason] Dufner and Tiger [Woods].”
Mahan also said he wasn’t worried.
“Every time I tee up I’m trying as hard as I can,” said Mahan. “[I’m] trying to play as well as I can, no matter who I’m playing with.”
All three shot 1-under and were happy with their scores.
“Our whole group played well, we could’ve done better … but 1 under on this course is going to be good every day,” said Love.
Hurley in contention
“I got off to a good start and started with a birdie which was nice,” said Hurley.
Hurley was playing with 17-year-old amateur Beau Hossler and Kyle Reifers.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq