- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
Dollars & Sense: Bet Dullahan to spoil Triple Crown bid
ELMONT, N.Y. — No one quite knows how fast the Belmont Stakes will be, but Paynter and Unstoppable U figure to be on the lead, at least in the early stages. I’ll Have Another shouldn’t be too far behind.
If jockey Mario Guterriez is able to resist the urge to storm out to the lead too early, a mistake many have made and cost themselves the final jewel of the Triple Crown, then I’ll Have Another stands a great chance of making history.
“He’ll damn sure be in my exacta,” Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas said. “I can’t see him being very far out of it, even if he gets beat, really.”
I’ll Have Another has the chops to win the Belmont Stakes, and if he does, it will be a remarkable occasion for anyone in attendance or watching on TV. Get your souvenir ticket, but if you want to take a shot at making money if history falls through, bet on Dullahan.
After turning my imaginary $100 into $951.70 at the 2011 Preakness, I took a step back at this year’s race, losing $4. If you’re counting, you’d be up $947.70 if betting with me so far.
I’ve been given an imaginary pot of $100 to wager on the Belmont Stakes. This is how I would use the money:
• $20 to win on Dullahan
• $5 to win on I’ll Have Another
• $5 to win on Union Rags
• $1 exacta I’ll Have Another-All ($11)
• $1 exacta All-I’ll Have Another ($11)
• $2 exacta box I’ll Have Another-Dullahan-Unstoppable U ($12)
• $1 trifecta box I’ll Have Another-Dullahan-Street Life-Unstoppable U ($12)
• $1 superfecta box I’ll Have Another-Dullahan-Street Life-Unstoppable U ($24)
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again