- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
Hoyas’ Hollis Thompson opts for NBA draft
Georgetown forward Hollis Thompson plans to skip his senior year, hire an agent and enter the NBA draft.
Coach John Thompson III said in a statement Tuesday the Hoyas “fully anticipated” the 6-foot-8 junior — who is not related to the coach — would leave school.
Hollis Thompson initially declared for the 2011 NBA draft, too, but never hired an agent and returned to school. He ranked second on Georgetown this season by averaging 12.8 points and third with 5.5 rebounds.
He led the Big East by making 43 percent of his 3-point attempts and was an honorable mention all-conference pick.
His career rate of 44 percent on 3s is best in Georgetown history.
Georgetown (24-9) lost to North Carolina State in its second NCAA tournament game.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.