- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Two charged in Aspen Hill fatal shooting
Montgomery County police have charged two people in connection with the fatal shooting of a young man that occurred Wednesday afternoon in Aspen Hill.
Police have not publicly identified the man killed, police spokeswoman Angela Cruz said.
Christopher Edwards, 20, of Rockville has been charged with second-degree murder and reckless endangerment, police said. Andrew Ramos, 19, of no fixed address, was charged with reckless endangerment. Both men are expected in court for a bond hearing Thursday afternoon.
The shooting happened inside a home in the 13200 block of Superior Street at around 3:20 p.m. Wednesday.
The three men were inside the house together when the shooting occurred, police said. Mr. Ramos left the house after the shooting while Mr. Edwards remained at the house and called authorities. Police have not released details of the events leading up to the shooting, but said the three men were all acquainted.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.