- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
D.C. police investigating death of Egyptian woman at hotel
A 25-year old Egyptian woman was found dead in a Dupont Circle hotel earlier this month, police confirmed Thursday.
The Metropolitan Police Department said Shaimaa Mohamed Hassanien Ibrahim was found on Nov. 3 at the Carlyle Suites. For now, they’re classifying the case as a “death investigation” until authorities hear back on a cause of death from the D.C. Office of the Medical Examiner.
Authorities confirmed the investigation in response to an inquiry by The Washington Times on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for the FBI’s Washington Field Office said the FBI was not investigating, and officials at the Egyptian embassy had no comment by deadline on whether city police had alerted them about the woman’s death.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jim McElhatton is an investigative reporter for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judge dismisses KBR's attempt to divert legal bills on sickened troops in Iraq to taxpayers
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Fate of Alex Cho, cooperator in bribery case, uncertain after Justice Department reneges on promises
- Ex-Time executive gets ethics waiver to communicate with press
- Another government conference under scrutiny over costs
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again