- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Active adult living: East meets West as Waverly Woods expands
Whether you are retired or are hoping to retire, an active adult community, available to homebuyers age 55 or older, may be part of your plan. At an active adult community, residents can have many of their home maintenance needs taken care of, freeing up time to spend enjoying the recreational amenities of the development. In addition, active adult communities typically feature homes with a first-floor master suite, a desirable feature for many older adults.
At Legacy at the Courtyards at Waverly Woods West in Marriottsville, Md., Ryan Homes is building 339 villa-style town homes. This Howard County community, adjacent to the Waverly Woods Golf Course, offers a swimming pool and clubhouse. The homeowners association takes care of all grass cutting and mulching, leaving residents to spend their weekends around the pool instead of pushing a lawn mower.
Residents can walk to the golf course, restaurants, shops and entertainment. Most of the homes also are within walking distance of the Waverly Woods East active adult community, which has a clubhouse and community pools. The Turf Valley Country Club, a private golf course, is located within two miles of Waverly Woods and includes restaurants, a spa and a hotel in addition to the golf course. Historic Ellicott City offers an additional nearby option for dining and shopping.
The Griffin Hall villa-style town homes, base-priced from $353,990 to $361,990, have 2,187 finished square feet. Buyers can expand the space to as much as 3,953 with a finished basement, a sunroom and room extensions. The homes include a partial stone front, vinyl siding, professional landscaping and a two-car garage. Homeowner association fees are $142 per month.
Inside, the homes have three bedrooms, two full baths and a powder room. Standard features include 9-foot ceilings on the first floor; hardwood flooring in the foyer, powder room and kitchen; smooth-finish ceilings; walk-in ceramic tile showers with seats; and 42-inch maple cabinets and granite counters in the kitchen.
Buyers can customize their homes with a sunroom, a finished basement, room extensions, oak stairs, a direct-vent gas fireplace, a tray ceiling in the master suite, bay windows and extra side windows on end units, a luxury master bath with a soaking tub and separate shower, recessed lights, a finished upper-level storage room, high-tech wiring, a home theater, and a central vacuum. Kitchens can be accessorized with a center island, Corian or upgraded granite counters, a choice of cabinet finishes, and upgraded appliances.
The Griffin Hall model has a two-story foyer, a powder room and a kitchen with a pantry. At the back of the main level are a dining room with optional columns and a great room with a sloped ceiling. Between the garage and the kitchen is a laundry room.
The first floor master suite has a walk-in closet and a private full bath with a shower and a double-sink vanity.
Upstairs, the standard model has an open loft overlooking the great room, a full bath, an unfinished storage room and two bedrooms, each with a walk-in closet. Buyers can opt for a larger single bedroom on the upper level.
The lower level can be completed with a recreation room, an unfinished storage room, a study, and a half or full bath.
For more information or directions to the Courtyards at Waverly Woods West, call sales and marketing representative Janine MacDonald at 410/442-8012 or visit Ryan Homes” href=”http://www.ryanhomes.com” target=”_blank”>www.ryanhomes.com.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Got (raw) milk?
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.