- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Ann Romney makes emergency landing in Colorado
DENVER (AP) — A plane carrying Ann Romney, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's wife, made an emergency landing Friday afternoon after smoke filled the cabin. No injuries were reported.
An apparent electrical fire forced the detour on the flight from Omaha, Neb., to Los Angeles, campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said. The candidate and his wife spoke immediately after the incident, said Saul, who shared photographs on Twitter of firefighters boarding the private jet.
Airport spokeswoman Laura Coale said the plane, a Challenger 600, was routed to Denver around 2:20 p.m. local time with smoke in the cabin. The plane landed on runway 35L and was greeted by Denver fire and police officials.
Romney was in Nevada, appearing at a fundraiser and rally on Friday. He did not mention the incident during a rally, but aides said he spoke to his wife from a car on the way to the event.
Mitt Romney later was heading to California for a weekend of fundraisers.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again