- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Sharon Stone: Actress checked at hospital before Milan auction
MILAN (AP) — Actress Sharon Stone helped raise more than $1.1 million for AIDS research at a charity auction, hours after a brief trip to a hospital during Milan Fashion Week.
The 54-year-old Miss Stone experienced migraine-related symptoms after the Fendi runway show Saturday night, was examined as a precaution and was given a clean bill of health, the amfAR Foundation for AIDS Research said in a statement Sunday.
The foundation denied earlier reports that she had fainted.
At the charity auction Saturday night, Miss Stone was in fine form, cracking jokes as she enticed higher bids.
“Wild horses couldn’t keep her away,” the foundation said.
A 2004 Damien Hirst etching of nine colored dots called “Quene 1-AM” netted 110,000 euros ($143,000) while a Robert Rauschenberg print “Site” earned 40,000 euros ($52,000).
The foundation said most of the money it raises is used for research toward finding a cure for AIDS.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again