- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Jude Law: Actor brings psychiatrist role to Berlin fest
BERLIN (AP) — Jude Law says his biggest challenge in preparing for Steven Soderbergh’s new thriller “Side Effects” was psychological: convincing himself that he could play a psychiatrist properly.
The movie has its international premiere Tuesday at the Berlin film festival, where it’s one of 19 contenders for the top Golden Bear award. British actor Law plays a psychiatrist who prescribes a new drug he’s testing out as part of a lucrative deal with a pharmaceutical giant.
Law told reporters he was faced with “overcoming the reality that I wasn’t going to be able to go to medical school in the time it took to prepare for the part.”
He added: “I didn’t have a huge relationship with pharmaceuticals or an understanding of them.”
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.