- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No peace without charter change
Peace is a condition of harmony between nations and their people with no threats of acts of war or terrorism.
The people of Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco and Switzerland, for example, live their lives without fears of jihad or terrorism. Would a peace agreement between Israel and any Palestinian entity produce peace such as the tranquility that exists in these European nations?
The Oslo agreement was an attempt to achieve this serenity, with the concept of Israel relinquishing control of segments of land for peace with the Palestinians. Unfortunately, in the Palestinian leadership the images of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism — the exact antitheses of peace — have not diminished one iota.
Furthermore, Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian leaders bamboozled President Clinton and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu into believing that they annulled the onerous Palestinian Liberation Organization charter clauses declaring that the establishment of Israel was illegal and void, and that the Palestinians would engage in armed resistance until Israel was destroyed. Not one word of the PLO charter, which the Palestinians consider their junior Koran, has ever been changed.
Until the Palestinian leadership and the Palestinians completely and properly annul the PLO charter, the Fatah Constitution, the Hamas Charter and the concepts of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism, Israel should not consider any meeting with the Palestinian leadership.
WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Palm Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee