- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No peace without charter change
Question of the Day
Peace is a condition of harmony between nations and their people with no threats of acts of war or terrorism.
The people of Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco and Switzerland, for example, live their lives without fears of jihad or terrorism. Would a peace agreement between Israel and any Palestinian entity produce peace such as the tranquility that exists in these European nations?
The Oslo agreement was an attempt to achieve this serenity, with the concept of Israel relinquishing control of segments of land for peace with the Palestinians. Unfortunately, in the Palestinian leadership the images of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism — the exact antitheses of peace — have not diminished one iota.
Furthermore, Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian leaders bamboozled President Clinton and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu into believing that they annulled the onerous Palestinian Liberation Organization charter clauses declaring that the establishment of Israel was illegal and void, and that the Palestinians would engage in armed resistance until Israel was destroyed. Not one word of the PLO charter, which the Palestinians consider their junior Koran, has ever been changed.
Until the Palestinian leadership and the Palestinians completely and properly annul the PLO charter, the Fatah Constitution, the Hamas Charter and the concepts of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism, Israel should not consider any meeting with the Palestinian leadership.
WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Palm Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset