- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wrong pick for RNC chairman
Question of the Day
Reince Priebus has been re-elected as Republican National Committee chairman (“Priebus overwhelmingly wins second term at RNC,” Web, Friday)? You’ve got to be kidding. The attendees at the recent meeting in Charlotte, N.C., cited appalling statistics about the Republican Party’s current inability to attract women and minorities — and then it re-elected Mr. Priebus.
How about considering a woman to lead the Republican Party? Better yet, perhaps a highly articulate minority woman who is familiar with what the policies in Washington are doing to families, their finances and their children’s education. Let us have a woman who can motivate not only the electorate but maybe shame our dysfunctional Congress into spending less by cutting the pork and making choices — the way families do. We cannot have it all.
Franklin D. Roosevelt in the 1930s and Lyndon Johnson’s “guns and butter” in the 1960s only added to our problems. However, we must deal with the status quo, and it isn’t pretty. Our national woes need to be dealt with effectively, and the Republican Party can do it — with the right leadership.
CAROL F. JOHNSON
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset