- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wrong pick for RNC chairman
Question of the Day
Reince Priebus has been re-elected as Republican National Committee chairman (“Priebus overwhelmingly wins second term at RNC,” Web, Friday)? You’ve got to be kidding. The attendees at the recent meeting in Charlotte, N.C., cited appalling statistics about the Republican Party’s current inability to attract women and minorities — and then it re-elected Mr. Priebus.
How about considering a woman to lead the Republican Party? Better yet, perhaps a highly articulate minority woman who is familiar with what the policies in Washington are doing to families, their finances and their children’s education. Let us have a woman who can motivate not only the electorate but maybe shame our dysfunctional Congress into spending less by cutting the pork and making choices — the way families do. We cannot have it all.
Franklin D. Roosevelt in the 1930s and Lyndon Johnson’s “guns and butter” in the 1960s only added to our problems. However, we must deal with the status quo, and it isn’t pretty. Our national woes need to be dealt with effectively, and the Republican Party can do it — with the right leadership.
CAROL F. JOHNSON
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die