- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Walmart ammo runs prompt three-box sale limit
Question of the Day
Walmart has announced that customers will now be restricted to purchasing only three boxes of ammunition per person, per day.
A spokesman cited a shortage as the reason for the restrictions, not political pressure.
“Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly,” spokesman David Tovar said Wednesday.
Sales of guns and ammunition have soared since the December shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Walmart was a charter member of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns, Reuters reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- 'Orange is the New Black' popularity forces Mich. sheriff to order uniform change
- Bad business: Fla. car dealership gives woman refund in pennies
- Little Rock Air Force Base on lockdown due to 'suspicious individual'
- White flags baffle NYPD: 'We're lucky it wasn't a bomb'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq