- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
HURT: Obama reveals his obliviousness at Monticello
America’s president — heir to the world’s greatest document of freedom ever drawn up by man — strode across the hallowed grounds of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. With his hands clasped behind his back as a fuehrer surveying his troops or his kingdom, he told a gaggle of onlookers, “That’s the good thing about being president. I can do whatever I want.”
It may have been a lame attempt at despot humor. But it fell terribly flat and reveals a shocking unawareness of himself and what so many American people think of him. As if nobody in the White House grasps what a plague this president has been on our Constitution. He simply ignores laws he doesn’t like, rewrites others more to his liking and shows complete disdain for the two branches of government designed precisely to keep the president in check.
It is easy to imagine Jefferson’s soul, which lurks around every doorway, in every boxwood bush at Monticello, weeping at President Obama’s words. But more likely, he chuckled — if mournfully. This always is how tyranny hatches, and nobody warned us of it more starkly than Jefferson.
Touring alongside Mr. Obama was French President Francios Hollande, who looks more like a dirty little man in a short trenchcoat than a president.
Oh my, how far we have fallen since Gen. George Washington and the Marquis de Lafayette pulled off some of the most improbable battle victories in history to secure for mankind the first divine hope of freedom from millennia of murderous, cruel oppression.
As a politician, Washington carried out his duties with humility, respect and devotion to the Constitution. Mr. Obama is a serial Constitutional adulterer.
Mr. Hollande is simply an adulterer. Of sorts. He is so untrustworthy that he never even married the sad woman whom he successfully inseminated four times.
And then there is all this outrage from the media when the nasty little frog is caught hopping from one girlfriend’s sex lair to another’s all around the Elysee Palace. If only he had been married, none of them would have minded.
To this day, monuments remain to Marquis de Lafayette for his “unwavering loyalty” at Valley Forge, his brave gallantry in battle and for brokering the French alliance to defeat the British crown.
Can you imagine the Marquis de Lafayette skulking around in a black motorcycle helmet between sex trysts to hide his shameful face? No, he preferred grand hats, tall with feathers — and he was worthy of them.
Tuesday night, the two presidents toasted each other’s greatness and engorged themselves on American caviar, quail eggs, oysters and dry-aged beef rib-eye. What did you eat last night? Did you have cake?
Down Pennsylvania Avenue, meanwhile, Congress scurried about trying to squeeze even greater morbid debt out of us debt-sodden taxpayers. No, $17 trillion in immoral and unconscionable debt heaped upon our children and grandchildren is not enough for them. And merely suggesting that these Ponzi artists stop spending our money and start cutting their government will get you branded a reckless lunatic.
Wonder what Gen. Washington and the Marquis would say about that?
In the vicious Valley Forge winter of 1777, Washington and Lafayette bravely led the barefoot, sick and starving men who suffered, fought and died for the country and Constitution we inherited. All that misery they suffered so future generations might reap freedom and prosperity.
About the Author
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- HURT: The Rev. Al Sharpton: Once just a race hustler, now a snitching race hustler
- HURT: Baseball gives way to whine-ball
- HURT: Do liberals understand anything about operating a business?
- HURT: $75K a day over a pond: Your corrupt EPA thugs at work
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.