- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Another JPMorgan Chase banker jumps to his death
A JPMorgan Chase investment banker plunged to his death Monday from the roof of the bank’s 30-story headquarters in Hong Kong, according to reports.
“A sad and tragic incident occurred in Chater House, Hong Kong, which is currently being investigated by the police,” the company said in an emailed statement. The bank declined to give further detail “out of respect for those involved. Our thoughts and sympathy are with the family that’s involved at this difficult point of time,” Bloomberg reported.
The man, a 33-year-old Chinese investment banker, went to the roof shortly after lunch and jumped after talks with police failed, the New York Post reported.
This marks the second suicide of a JPMorgan banker this year.
On Jan. 28, Gabriel Magee, a 39-year-old vice president in technology operations, died after jumping from the bank’s 33-story tower in London.
And on Feb. 3, executive director Ryan Henry Crane, 37, was found dead inside his Stamford, Conn., home. His cause of death will not be determined until a toxicology report is complete, the Post reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.