- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Las Cruces police arrest Border Patrol agent
Question of the Day
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) - A Border Patrol agent in Las Cruces is accused of threatening his family with a gun, shoving his wife and shooting the family dog.
Las Cruces police arrested Carmelo Diaz Jr. late Wednesday on suspicion of aggravated assault against a family member, battery against a household member and extreme animal cruelty.
Police say the dog was euthanized after a veterinarian determined it was paralyzed.
Police also say Diaz allegedly threatened to kill himself during the incident.
The Las Cruces Sun-News (http://bit.ly/1euWVAw ) reports that Diaz is jailed at the Dona Ana County Detention Center. He has requested that a lawyer be appointed for him.
The Border Patrol says it can’t comment on Diaz’s case but says it takes allegations of misconduct seriously and will cooperate with any investigation.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq