- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
Senior Obama administration officials this week trumpeted bilateral climate change talks with the Chinese in Beijing — one of the world's most polluted cities. Published July 9, 2014
- China invests in nuclear submarines
Published July 4, 2014
- F-22 Raptors deployed to confront China
Published July 3, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China moves to beef up naval fleet with new attack subs
Published July 2, 2014
- SEAL Team 6's Kristin Beck: Transgender recruiting tool for Pentagon
Published June 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea on 'The Interview': Kill Kim? Die, USA!
Published June 25, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Air Force General appeals for new bomber for aging fleet
Published June 18, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Russia accused of major treaty breach
Published June 11, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hagel to testify before House panel on Bergdahl prisoner exchange
Published June 4, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Directive outlines Obama's plan to use the military against citizens
Published May 28, 2014