- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
A senior Pentagon official let slip this week that the administration's commitment to the pivot to Asia is under review because of large-scale defense spending cuts. Published March 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: All eyes on Moscow's military moves in Ukraine
Published February 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China readies for 'short, sharp' war with Japan
Published February 19, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S., China in war of words over South China Sea air zone
Published February 12, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China military on the rails
Published February 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Obama reassesses al Qaeda
Published January 30, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China driving U.S. out of Asia
Published January 22, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Moscow creates 1,500-mile security zone around Sochi
Published January 15, 2014
- Inside the Ring: High-ranking China official facing corruption charges
Published January 8, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Senate to block ICBM cuts
Published December 25, 2013