- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Columbia
AP classes have endured scrutiny over the last few years, causing students, parents and admissions officers to ask if they're still worth it.
Matt Noble was 2 for 3 with three RBIs and Bethune-Cookman withstood a late Columbia rally to beat the Lions 6-5 on Saturday in an elimination game at the Coral Gables regional.
Rescue workers have recovered the body of a 17-year-old boy who went underwater in a creek near Columbia while swimming with friends.
Eric Gutierrez's one-out double scored Zach Davis with the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning Friday, and Texas Tech defeated Columbia 3-2 in the first game of the Coral Gables regional.
The South Carolina Senate approved a bill Thursday to protect children from parents who abuse drugs and debated whether to formally disapprove of the Department of Social Services director. A no-confidence vote could come next week.
The phone rings. It's Beyoncé's manager, asking for 80 white ostrich feather fans for the singer's upcoming tour.
The state budget could provide $200,000 to a program that aims to boost the Lowcountry's economy by helping exiting Marines find jobs locally.
Residents along the scenic Columbia River are hoping to persuade regulators to reject plans for what would be the Pacific Northwest's largest crude oil train terminal - the proposed destination for at least four trains a day, each more than a mile long.
A Memorial Day wreath laying ceremony to honor the nation's fallen is being held at the Fort Jackson National Cemetery in South Carolina.
Richland County deputies say a man has been shot to death at a Columbia apartment complex.
Authorities say two people have drowned in South Carolina waterways during the Memorial Day weekend.
Two of South Carolina's incumbent congressmen face challenges in next month's party primaries. But considering the money Republican Joe Wilson and Democrat Jim Clyburn have in the bank - and how little their opponents have - neither seems to be in danger.
A new exhibit chronicling the American Revolution is opening at the South Carolina State Museum.
Police officers in Columbia are collecting donations to help some people beat the heat this summer.
A talk about best-selling author Pat Conroy's papers is being offered at the University of South Carolina before the papers are archived.