- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Football
or soccer, Australian rules football, International rules football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, and American Football.]] - Source: Wikipedia
Whether or not the weather is a factor, expect the Redskins to spring Alfred Morris on a fading Kansas City defense.
Matt Johnson threw four of his career-high five touchdown passes in the first half to help Bowling Green rout No. 16 Northern Illinois 47-27 to win the MAC championship and knock the Huskies out of a spot in a marquee bowl.
Mason rushed for 304 yards and four touchdowns, leading No. 3 Auburn to a wild 59-42 victory over No. 5 Missouri in a Southeastern Conference title showdown Saturday that looked more like a video game.
Sorry, Southeastern Conference.
While the Redskins' players and coaches seek to snap a four-game losing streak against the Chiefs, Washington's front office will be in evaluation mode.
After the worst game of his career, should Alfred Morris still be a fantasy starter this week?
Chris Petersen has finally been persuaded to leave Boise State.
Auburn and Missouri are competing for the Southeastern Conference title Saturday, and possibly a chance to play for the national championship.
Duke cornerback Ross Cockrell is not offended the No. 20 Blue Devils are a 29-point underdog to Jameis Winston and top-ranked Florida State for Saturday night's ACC championship game.
The Amazon jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
Petersen agreed to become the Huskies' new football coach on Friday, leaving behind an unprecedented run of success with the Broncos. The Huskies made the announcement Friday morning after Petersen reportedly met with Washington athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday night in Boise.
Sometimes, it's just not your year. Sometimes, no matter how much you follow the NFL and how much knowledge you soak up, it's difficult to win a game in which you have so little control. I thought about this Sunday as I was bemoaning my fantasy fate.
Soccer's governing body has set a timetable for talks aimed at switching the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to November.
Santana Moss has been in the NFL for 13 years and says this season is the worst officiating he's seen.
The 31 countries that qualified for the 2014 World Cup and host nation Brazil will cross fingers and toes and hope for the luck of the draw on Friday when their names are plucked from bowls one by one in a globally televised extravaganza to determine where, when and, most importantly, who they will play in Brazil next June at football's showcase tournament.