- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - House Committee
A House committee that investigated former Utah Attorney General John Swallow is scheduled to meet Friday to release a final report of its findings.
The chairwoman of the Hawaii House Agriculture Committee said Thursday she intends to fight for a bill that would establish a task force to study genetically modified foods.
Utah lawmakers are advancing a bill that reduces the consequences for students who skip school, as long as they keep their grades up.
A bill backed by influential business groups that would allow state and local governments in Kentucky to partner with private sources for projects ranging from roads and sewer lines to college dorms won approval from a House committee Thursday.
The Illinois Department of Transportation is asking lawmakers for another $47 million to cover the costs of the especially harsh winter.
Mothers tearfully described how their babies suffered as many as 100 seizures a day before receiving marijuana treatment as they begged lawmakers late Tuesday to legalize the drug for medical use in Minnesota.
The Maryland House of Delegates is scheduled to take up a bill to increase the state's minimum wage.
A statewide ban on texting while driving was endorsed Wednesday by a South Dakota Senate committee as part of a continuing battle between supporters of two competing measures.
Proposals on tap for legislative committees would help Kansas hobbyists and small breweries and phase in grocery store sales of strong beer, wine and liquor, but it wasn't clear Wednesday how far lawmakers would go in further repudiating the state's dry history.
A House committee is voting on four gambling proposals, including one from the special commission appointed to study regulatory issues after a casino billed failed last year.
The chairwoman of the state Board of Education has apologized after accusing Providence's schools superintendent of "grandstanding" following her testimony in opposition of a new high school graduation requirement.
A state House committee has approved a compromise measure that would allow Oregon communities to ban medical marijuana facilities, but only temporarily.
State lawmakers are pushing a plan to save the Illinois Poison Center from closing, using a creative funding mechanism during an expectedly tight budget year.
A House committee on Monday unanimously approved a new compromise bill to overhaul Utah's system for nominating political candidates.
A package of bills designed to strengthen sexual predator laws was approved by its final House committee.