- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Laura Richardson
The House Ethics Committee has found Rep. Laura Richardson guilty of violating rules that prohibit pressuring her staff to perform campaign work and personal errands and is recommending that the House issue a reprimand and fine her $10,000.
Rep. Laura Richardson, California Democrat, improperly compelled her congressional staff to do campaign work and should be reprimanded and fined for violating standards of conduct, the House Ethics Committee announced Wednesday.
A congresswoman who has been investigated by authorities for misuse of public money billed $20,000 to taxpayers for an elaborately catered luncheon this summer, the only one of its size funded by the public.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has asked the FBI to launch a criminal investigation of Rep. Laura Richardson regarding possible misuse of her staff.
They also assign the same staff to a group of residents so they get to know each other, Richardson said.
Laura Richardson, administrator for McCrite Plaza Health Center, said the home is still in the early stages of the PEAK program, but they have changed food service to be more like a restaurant than a traditional nursing home.