- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rex Harrison
Writing her first musical turned into a time machine for Cyndi Lauper.
"Lady and the Tramp," "Heaven Can Wait," "A Star Is Born" and "Gone With the Wind" are just some of the films perfect for a romantic evening this Feb. 14.
The eponymous good stuff was the all-purpose term Jennifer Grant's father, Cary, used to describe all the nice things that make up what the French like to call "douceur de vie" - sweetness of life - and certainly her memory of life with this extraordinarily devoted father and unusually civil and civilized man is a lovely distillation of her halcyon childhood and youth.