- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Roger Goodell
Comments on the death of William Clay Ford, the last surviving grandchild of automotive pioneer Henry Ford and owner of the NFL's Detroit Lions:
The NFL could experiment with a 43-yard extra point this preseason as the league seeks a way to spice up a play that has become all too routine.
The NFL could adopt a 14-team playoff field as soon as 2015, according to a report in The Washington Post.
Richie Incognito went into a fit of rage on Wednesday, and took it out on his Ferarri.
The NFL's competition committee is unlikely to make major changes to the replay system or playoffs this year.
Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
Now that the NFL knows the scope of the racially charged Miami Dolphins bullying scandal, the league has been left to grapple with what its next steps should be.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in 2012, according to tax returns the league has submitted.
Goodell earned $35.1 million in salary, bonus and pension compensation. Based on IRS reporting guidelines, his total 2012 compensation includes a $5 million incentive payment and a $4.1 million pension payment from the 2011 lockout year that was paid in 2012.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Feb. 11
The latest back-and-forth over the Washington Redskins name includes a stern letter from two lawmakers and a new "community voices" campaign from the team.
Ready, set, bid.
Just 12 seconds into the Super Bowl, the Denver Broncos were already trailing after a bizarre, clumsy sequence. It set a record - and the tone for the game.
After a successful week (so far) in the New York/New Jersey area, Roger Goodell indicated that the NFL would be open to hosting future Super Bowls in other open air, cold weather stadiums.
NEW YORK | Commissioner Roger Goodell says the NFL no longer needs four preseason games, but the league should change its offseason training programs.
Goodell said Thursday that even players don't like the four exhibition games — and fans certainly don't now that most starters play sparingly during the preseason.