- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Social Issues
His infectious smile lights up the room from atop a shelf in Todd and Tobey Thurston's Campbell County home - the face of the couple's daily prayer to one day become blessed with a son.
Nine-year-old Zain Hafeez hears the world differently.
A pediatric doctor who pleaded guilty to accessing child pornography is citing a troubled childhood and his own sexual abuse as a boy as he seeks a lower prison sentence.
Glimpses into behind-the-scenes workings of President Bill Clinton's White House, as revealed in newly released documents:
Brown University's School of Public Health has received a $1 million grant to launch a center to improve long-term care for the elderly.
As the end of the legislative session draws near, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is pushing lawmakers to keep some of his priorities in mind.
A committee formed at San Jose State University after a black student said his white roommates racially harassed and tortured him has issued a set of recommendations to the school on how it can improve safety and diversity on campus.
Civil rights groups are planning a hearing to consider how to improve elections administration and expand access to voting in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
Officials say 25 motorcycles are among more than 175 surplus vehicles up for auction by the state.
A drug raid at a northern New Jersey home unexpectedly uncovered evidence of a large pit bull dog-fighting ring that apparently was being run out of the residence.
New Mexico State University has launched a program aimed at helping educators be more effective at teaching reading and at identifying children who may have dyslexia.
The Republican of Springfield (Mass.), April 17, 2014
From records related to Gordon Fox being subpoenaed to a House panel hearing a bill to legalize marijuana, here are five things to know in Rhode Island:
Slapping Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry with a new tax has long been the currency of Democrats, and now an increasingly grim budget picture is turning Republican heads in the GOP-controlled state Legislature.
A push to end homelessness among Connecticut veterans by 2015 is generating renewed interest in the state's Veterans Home in Rocky Hill.